Golfers Elbow (Medial Epicondylitis)
Golfers elbow is a common cause of pain on the inside of the elbow. It is aggravated by prolonged gripping activities which result in inflammation around the insertion of the muscle tendons in this area of the elbow.
Common activities that can cause this injury:
Common Signs & Symptoms
Common signs and symptoms of this injury:
- Pain on the inside of the elbow
- Pain with gripping activities
- Pain on touching the inside of the elbow
- A weak grip
What should be done following this injury:
- Consult your Doctor or physical therapist
- Use ice or a reusable cold pack to reduce pain and swelling (the recommended time is 10 minutes on with 1 hour off). Never apply ice directly to the skin.
- Use a support to help support the elbow.