There are 2 types of arthritis that can affect the elbow – osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. Both of these will cause the elbow to become stiff and painful. Doing repetitive activities or pushing through the elbow will be sore and the joint will ache if it is not moved very often.
Common activities that can irritate this condition:
- Lifting bags
- Pushing up through arms
Common Signs & Symptoms
Common signs and symptoms of this condition:
- Stiffness in the elbow joint when it has not been moved for a while
- Pain around the elbow joint
- Weakness on gripping
What should be done if you have this condition:
- Consult your Doctor for advice on medication to help with the pain
- Consult with a chartered physical therapist for them to prescribe some exercises
- Use an elbow support to warm the joint and help reduce pain and stiffness.